Saturday, February 7, 2015

How to achieve khusyu' in zikr?

Assalamualaikum semua :)

Currently I am reading this awesome book, "In the Early Hours" by Khuram Murad, and I thought I want share some of the info here on my blog, with you. One interesting part in this book is about zikr, and how we should train our mind to gain better consciousness in performing our zikr.

ONE: Say to yourself: I am in Allah's presence; He is watching me now. When the Prophet (pbuh) was asked by a Companion about the best way of purifying himself, he replied: "You should always remember that Allah is with you whenever you are." (Tirmidhi)

TWO: Say to yourself: Everything I have has been given to me by Allah; Gratefulness to Allah is a constant theme. When we eat, when we rise in the morning, even when we relieved ourselves, we would give thanks to Allah. Our heart beats 72 times a minute, and every time it beats, it does so with the permission of Allah. The moment He withdraws that permission, the heart will stop beating and your life will certainly come to an end. If you feel that there is nothing else to thank Allah for, then thank Him for the life He has given you.

THREE: Say to yourself: Nothing in this world can happen without His permission. The Prophet (pbup) would supplicate to Allah after each prayer, "O Allah, whatever you want to give me, no one can stop it from coming to me and whatever You want to prevent from coming to me, nobody can give to  me." Remind ourselves as much as we can and throughout the day, especially when you expect something to happen, or not to happen, that everything happens only as His commands, and by His permissions.

FOUR: Say to yourself: I am going to return to Allah one day and that day could be today. To help us attain this state of consciousness, recall and reflect upon the following Quranic verse as much as you can and throughout the day: From Allah we came and to Him we shall return. (al- Baqara 2: 156).

Bear in mind that the method of zikr is not only by sitting down reciting beautiful words of prayers, but also when we are doing our work, helping our family, going on about our daily routines, but with the niat of Lillahi taa'la. Zikr must not only felt by heart and uttered by tongue, but also must effect amal salih or good deeds. Ibnu al-Qayyim suggests that zikr encompasses "any and every particular moment when you are thinking, saying or doing things which Allah likes".


1 comment:

anissa said...

Tq for these awesome morning tazkirah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...